Pinnacle School Dress Code
Pinnacle K-12 Dress Code
Students at the Pinnacle must dress sensibly, neatly, cleanly, comfortably, and modestly. Students may not wear any items that disrupt the educational environment.
The purposes of a dress code are:
- To prevent clothing from becoming a distraction from school work.
- To promote academic achievement.
- To reduce peer pressure.
- To promote school unity and positive attitudes.
In order to achieve the goals listed above, students are expected to abide by the following general guidelines for dress:
- All attire should be sized to fit appropriately without exposing undergarments, posterior, stomachs, chests, or cleavage.
- Shorts and skirts must reach to the fingertips when arms are resting at sides.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Backpacks, book covers, and other school supplies must not cause a distraction to the learning environment.
- Spaghetti straps, strapless tops, and halter tops
- Shirts with revealing necklines or armholes
- Crop tops
- Exposed Undergarments
- Make-up that makes a student unidentifiable
- Hats, caps, bandannas, sunglasses, or other items worn on the head indoors
- Clothing or accessories that promote drugs, alcohol, or tobacco or their use
- Sexually suggestive language or messages
- Violence, criminal activity, intimidation, or intolerance of others based on religion, ethnicity, gender, lifestyle.
- Spikes or loose hanging chains
- Sagging pants
- Attire, accessories, or manners of grooming indicative of affiliation with a gang, secret society, or disruptive group
- Trench coats
Restrictions on freedom of student dress will be imposed, at the discretion of school administration, whenever the mode of dress in question is potentially unsafe for the student or others, or is likely to be disruptive, distracting, or cause interference with the learning environment.
Dress guidelines for special events or school-sponsored activities shall be at the discretion of school administration based upon the nature of the particular event.
Dress Code Enforcement
Enforcement of the dress code will be handled at the discretion of school administration. Students removed from class for dress code violations will not return until the violation is rectified. This may include having parents bring appropriate clothing to school or the student being issued appropriate clothing from administration.