Parent/Teacher Organization Member
School Board Candidate
Help From Home
Artwork for Displays
Cutting out Classroom Materials
Curriculum and Enrichment
Read with Students
Practice Sight Word Flashcards with Students
Box Top Tallies
Organize/Assist with Spaghetti Supper
Chaperone for Field Trips
Assist Teacher for Classroom Activities (Valentine’s Day, etc…)
Bulletin Board Displays
Middle School Volunteer Needs:
Teacher Appreciation Week
Any community member or family member volunteering at the school must fill out a Volunteer Agreement. Please contact Ashley Keltner at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Once a background check is completed, potential volunteers will be notified of their approval.
- Communication with your student and the school is very important. We encourage parents and guardians to communicate with their students' teachers via email or phone, dialing the specific teachers' extensions.
- You do not have to wait until the Parent/Teacher Conference Days to conference with your student's teacher(s). Email and call them to schedule an appointment.
- Communicate with your students about what they learn each day as well and inquire about homework assignments, future projects, and special events. This will demonstrate that you feel education is important.
- Give your feedback online. Tell us what you like or suggest what you would like to see done differently.
Parents can participate in their student's education in many ways that fit even the busiest schedules. Participation can be in different forms:
- Attend special events and field trips. This can be very rewarding for both students and parents.
- Find volunteer needs that can be done from your own home by checking with your student's teacher or the school newsletter.
- Set aside time each day tot talk to your child about his/her day. Ask questions and offer assistance. This can be one of the most valuable ways of participating in your student's education.
- Check your child's grades online routinely. It is critical to register for an Infinite Campus account to view your child's progress and to check grades and assignments. The Parent Portal gives parents a current view of grades, missing works, and email access to each teacher involved in your child's education. Please visit the following link for more information: Infinite Campus