Hello, Pinnacle Pack! As we prepare to head into the 2020-21 school year, we wanted to pass along some relevant resources for our community to utilize during these uncertain times.
- WiFi Assistance: If your family needs assistance with internet access, you can apply for help through Xfinity’s Internet Essentials program. The link to the application is here (https://apply.internetessentials.com/).
- Free & Reduced Lunches: Please don’t forget to fill out your application with our Nutrition Services department for free and reduced lunches this upcoming school year. Here is the link to the online application: https://www.myschoolapps.com/. Please make sure The Pinnacle School Food Authority is selected as the district. If you do not have access to a computer or internet, paper applications are available at the front office. Please reach out to Natalie Robles, SNS at 303-450-3985 ext. 1136 or email@example.com if you have any questions or need additional information.
- Thornton Subsistence Program: For those families living in Thornton, the Thornton Subsistence Program is helping eligible Thornton residents who are experiencing hardship due to COVID-19. Families can receive up to $1,000 a month for up to three months to assist with childcare, transportation, medical bills, funeral expenses,utilities including phone and internet, and more. Payments will be made directly to your service providers on your behalf. Please call the Thornton Subsistence Line at 720-251-2047 to speak to a resource specialist.
- Mental Health Services for Thornton Residents: The City of Thornton has partnered with four different agencies to assist those coping with the mental health impacts of COVID-19. These services are provided at low or no cost. If you have any questions regarding the Mental Health Services for Thornton Residents program or are in need of additional resources, please reach out to Thornton’s Community Connections division at 720-977-5800 or Connections@ThorntonCO.gov.
- COVID-19 Testing Resources: There are many free testing sites available, including the new site at Water World just up the street from Pinnacle. This website (https://search.211colorado.org/search?terms=COVID-19%20Testing&page=1&location=Colorado&service_area=colorado) is a great resource to find testing locations across the Metro area should anyone in your family need a test.
We will continue to provide any resources we can to the Pinnacle community as we head into the school year. Thank you all, and we look forward to having students safely back on campus next week for orientation!