Hello, Pinnacle Pack! Our teachers are back in the building and getting ready for our Return to Learn this fall. We are very excited to welcome students back. The driving factor in every decision we have made throughout this process has been safety for our entire community, and we wanted to highlight a few things we are doing to increase the safety of our staff and students as they return to the building.
- Thermal Scanning Cameras: We have installed thermal scanning cameras at the entrance of the school building to quickly and effectively take the temperature of all those entering the building. The cameras can scan up to 14 people in one second, and are accurate within .5 degrees Fahrenheit. While we still encourage parents to take their students’ temperature at home before sending them to school, this is an extra safety measure to help us determine if an individual entering the building may have a fever.
- Deep-Cleaning Day: We have determined that Wednesdays will be a fully remote learning day for all staff and students to allow our facilities team the opportunity to deep clean the school buildings. These extra deep cleanings will include extra clearing of high-touch surfaces in each classroom, as well as the use of disinfectant sprayers throughout the school buildings. In addition, the playground will be disinfected each day.
- MERV-13 Air Filters: Our facilities team has installed state-of-the art HVAC filters to increase the cleanliness of the air in our buildings, and will continue to change these filters on a regular schedule.
- Socially Distanced Classrooms: Our classrooms have been set up with the recommended three feet of space between desks to keep our kids and staff safe when they are learning in the classroom.
- Additional Hand-Washing: Kids will be allowed time for increased hand-washing throughout the school day.
- Face Coverings: All students and staff will be required to wear face coverings in all common areas. Extra masks will be provided on campus for students who may have forgotten their face covering at home.
Pinnacle has taken many steps to adhere to all of the safety guidelines recommended by state and local health officials to keep our community safe, and we will continue to monitor these best practices and implement them quickly for the safety of our staff and students.
Thank you to everyone in our community for their feedback and contribution to keeping us all safe and healthy!