Thank you for considering Pinnacle for your student. We proudly teach Kindergarten through 12th Grade. Our application is open for students in all Colorado public school districts.
Pinnacle is a public charter school. Charter schools are a unique and important part of Colorado's education system. Charter schools are open to all students and offer families an alternative to their zoned public schools. Key points about Pinnacle and all charter schools:
- Independent public schools with rigorous curriculum programs
- Tuition-free and open to all students in Colorado
- Offer quality and choice in the public education system
- Flexibility to be innovative, entrepreneurial, self-governing, and yet are held accountable for student and operational performance
Although we are tuition free, we do have some once a year fees associated with workbooks, supplies, technology, etc. Please take a look at our fees on the Student Fees page before you submit your application. If you qualify for free/reduced lunch, these fees can be waived or reduced upon presentation of your qualifying letter.
Enrollment Procedure & The Waitlist
Parents request enrollment of their child(ren) to the school by submitting an Online Application to Enroll form prior to or during the school’s open enrollment period. If there are any Priority Enrollments (siblings of current students, previous students , and children of Charter School employees) in a particular grade, they will be identified and provided an Invitation to Enroll prior to other applicants. For grade levels that are under filled, applicants who submit applications prior to or during our enrollment period, shall be admitted on a first come first serve basis. Furthermore, the applications and students on the applications will be accepted until grade levels are filled, after which point a random selection waitlist will begin. Students will be selected from the random selection wait-list as seats become available, and will be notified if selected.
- Proof of Age and Identity: Verifies legal name and birth date for your student's records, example Birth Certificate.
- Immunization Records: Colorado state law requires current immunization records before the student can begin attending school. For more info, visit COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT SCHOOL REQUIRED VACCINES
- Proof of Residency, utility bill.(For Online, Pinnacle Connect Students Only)
- Home Language Survey
- Additional Housing Information
- Additional School Documents
- IEP or 504 Status
- Custody or Orders of Protection legal paperwork (if applicable): Verifies guardianship. Examples: Court Order, Power of Attorney, Adoption Paperwork, etc.
Where to submit records:
Mailing Address: 1001 W. 84th Avenue, Federal Heights, CO 80260
- The student has already graduated from high school (or its equivalent)
- Failure to meet age requirements
- Having been expelled from any school district in the preceding 12 months
- Failure to adhere to immunization requirements
- Behavior in another school district in the preceding 12 months that is detrimental to the welfare of safety of other pupils or of school personnel.