Thank you for considering The Pinnacle for your student. We proudly teach Kindergarten through 12th Grade. Our application is open for students in all Colorado public school districts.
The Pinnacle is a public charter school. Charter schools are a unique and important part of Colorado's education system. Charter schools are open to all students and offer families an alternative to their zoned public schools. The Pinnacle and all charter schools:
- Are public, tuition-free schools
- Offer options and opportunities for all students
- Are held accountable both academically and financially
Although we are tuition free, we do have some fees associated with workbooks, supplies, technology, etc. Please take a look at our fees on the Student Fees page before you submit your application. If you qualify for free/reduced lunch, these fees can be waived or reduced upon presentation of your qualifying letter.
Enrollment Procedures for Pinnacle Charter Schools:
Parents/Guardians must submit a simple application form indicating their desire for their child to attend Pinnacle. This form will collect basic applicant information and contact information from the parent/guardian. The application must be filled out in full, signed, and submitted to the school. Special waivers and a signature line requires parents/legal guardians to verify that they have read the accompanying school rules, procedures, and expectations and understand the educational choice that Pinnacle represents, please review the Parent/Student Handbook here. To complete the application click the ENROLL NOW on the right menu, or hard copies of the application form will be available at the school.
Submit your student’s records. The following records must be submitted within 5 business days of the application to hold your spot for admittance.
- Birth Certificate: Verifies legal name and birth date for your student's records
- Immunization Records: Colorado state law requires current immunization records before the student can begin attending school. For more info, visit COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT SCHOOL REQUIRED VACCINES
Where to submit records:
Mailing Address: 1001 W. 84th Avenue, Federal Heights, CO 80260
Enrollment Procedure & The Waitlist
For grade levels that are under filled, applicants who submit timely application forms shall be admitted. Furthermore, additional applications for under filled grades will be accepted on a rolling basis until grade levels are filled, after which point a waitlist will begin. Both acceptances and waitlist positions will function on a “first come-first served” basis. However, returning students, siblings of currently enrolled students, and children of current Pinnacle employees will be given priority. As a spot becomes available, the school will contact the parent/guardian next on the waitlist to offer them the open spot for their child. Parents will have 5 business days from receipt of notification of the offer to accept or decline the offered spot. Parents/guardians, after accepting, will have 10 business days to complete the enrollment packet, once accepted. If the spot is declined, the child is removed from the waitlist and the parents/guardians of the next scholar on the waitlist will be contacted. The waitlists will not roll over from year to year. For any applicant who was not admitted or who withdraws his/her application, the application form will be discarded.
- Home Language Survey
- McKinney Vento Form
- Additional School Documents
- IEP or 504 Accommodation Plans
- Custody or Orders of Protection legal paperwork (if applicable): Verifies guardianship. Examples: Court Order, Power of Attorney, Adoption Paperwork, etc.
- The student has already graduated from high school (or its equivalent)
- Failure to meet age requirements
- Having been expelled from any school district in the preceding 12 months
- Failure to adhere to immunization requirements
- Behavior in another school district in the preceding 12 months that is detrimental to the welfare of safety of other pupils or of school personnel.